Sunday, February 5, 2012

Yesterday. Oh yesterday.

Yesterday was rough.  It was Matt's dad's bday so we went out to the burbs to hang with him and Matt's brother.  Of course that must include eating at some point.  It was not easy to find an acceptable place to eat for two cleansers and to who are kind of the opposite of cleansers (and who also really don't understand why someone would even want to do a cleanse).  Cooking was not an option.  That being said, I think I ate more yesterday than I have during the whole cleanse.  We ended up going to Francesca's and Matt and I got some salads and apps.  They were really good, but it was excruciating watching them eat the loaves of bread, pizza, and pasta at our table.  The waiter even brought by a second loaf of bread when he saw Matt and I not eating any of it.  When all together, we also talk about food A LOT.  There's a lot of reminiscing about food, discussing restaurants, planning for future meals, etc.  It was tough.  But we made it through.  


Then we moved on to my parent's house a few hours later and thankfully my mom is also on the cleanse.  So we cooked one of the cauliflower cleanse recipes, split some of the butternut squash soup, and baked some sweet potatoes with rosemary and scallions.  It may have been a little more than one serving's worth, but we're pretty sure we had been eating less calories than we should have during the last few days.  It was delightful. 


The plan for today:  check out what ingredients we still have left, figure out what we need for week 2 recipes, grocery shop, maybe cook another soup.  This week is a busy one.  I've got something planned for every evening so I'm going to have to really plan my meals well. I also have two lunches planned for work.  Not sure how I'm going to deal with those. I'm guessing that when week 2 begins on Wednesday, I'll probably stick with smoothies for breakfast because they seem easier than cooking.  We decided that once we get to week 2 of the cleanse, it's going to be easy-breezy because we can have BEANS!  That's huge!  Only 3 more days of week 1!  

1 comment: